Synker - The Android Sync Widget
Synker, the Android account synchronization widget, allows you to synchronize all registered Android account sync providers on-demand or "Force Sync/Sync All/Manual Sync/Sync Now". Add a Synker widget to a 1x1 area on any of your home screens then simply select which accounts you want to synchronize. Click on the Synker widget you created to synchronize the accounts you selected on demand!
- Supports multiple widgets, or create one Sync All/Sync Now widget.
- Each widget is configurable. Select the Android accounts you want to sync!
- Edit any existing widget, by running the Synker program from your app drawer.
- Provides synchronization mechanism for hidden syncable accounts. (Google Push Subscriptions, etc).
- Widget is themable/skinable. Check out the Simple Theme… new themes coming soon!
- Works independent of Android auto-sync setting!
- Support for Tasker and Locale as a plug-in.
If you are interested in the development of this product please try it out and provide us feedback, feature requests, bug reports, etc. Look for new features in the near future...
Feb. 18, 2012 - 1.1.14
- Updates to Locale/Tasker plugins
- NOTE: This update may break existing Locale/Tasker Synker profiles
- New Tasker Plugin for unlocked users, account Auto-sync settings
- Addressed reported ‘class not found’ issue
- Minor improvements
Feb. 04, 2012 - 1.1.13
- Ability to toggle sync error notifications
- Improved activity titles
- Other minor improvements
Dec. 25, 2011 - 1.1.12
- Performance improvements
- Sync notification service improvements
- Improved sync notification logic
- Sync notification now supports experimental detection of sync errors
- Sync inspector bug fixes and improvements
- Sync inspector now tracks sync source
May. 17, 2011 - Beta 1.1.8
- Fixed cancel button issue
- Addressed force close when Synker preference activity is prematurely killed (Task Killer)
- Install location updated to internalOnly as required by widgets
- Minor bug fixes
- Updated AdMob SDK
Mar. 29, 2011 - Beta 1.1.7
- Added “Find themes” link
- Updated AdMob SDK
- Removed android.permission.VIBRATE
- Removed android.permission.ACCESS_COAR
Jan. 23, 2011 - Beta 1.1.6
- Updated application graphics
- Support for additional widget animation frames
- General code cleanup.
Jan. 6, 2011 - Beta 1.1.5
- Prevent duplicate text in notification ticker, the “google google” issue.
- Improvements to the sync notification service.
- General bug fixes and cleanup.
Dec. 10, 2010 - Beta 1.1.4
- Fix for account item preference click-ability
Dec. 10, 2010 - Beta 1.1.3
- Fix for reported sync notification service FC's
Dec. 9, 2010 - Beta 1.1.2
- Active sync notification service. Notification of ALL actively syncing accounts, caused by Synker or any other mechanism.
- Trap for reported force close, cause is still a mystery. If you are one of these users, contact us!
- Updated Admob libraries.
- Changed account selection icon to checkbox.
- General refactoring.
- Initial changes to support haptic feedback.
- Cleanup of Tasker and Locale plugin.
- Added Synker FAQ link to main Synker application context menu
Nov. 9, 2010 - Beta 1.1.1
- Experimental Tasker and Locale support via Locale plug-in. (Limited testing)
- Additional checks for reported null reference force close.
- Minor refactoring based on code analysis.
Oct. 17, 2010 - Beta 1.1.0
- Support for alternate widget themes (Check out the Synker Simple Theme).
Oct. 9, 2010 - Beta 1.0.9
- Another attempt at addressing the account update force close.
- Minor performance improvements.
Oct. 7, 2010 - Beta 1.0.8
- Attempt to address force close issue submitted by Droid 2 user. Let us know if the issue persists.
- Account listing is now sorted by provider name.
- Added context menu to Synker widget settings preference screen.
- Added select all accounts option.
- Added deselect all accounts option.
- Added account listing sorting options.
Oct. 3, 2010 - Beta 1.0.7
- Minor refactoring.
- Small performance tweaks.
- Better trapping for reported null context crash.
Sept. 26, 2010 - Beta 1.0.6
- Added link to Android accounts & settings page for quick access.
- Added global Android auto-sync checkbox to toggle auto-sync on/off from Synker.
- Changed some UI element strings to be more meaningful.
Sept. 24, 2010 - Beta 1.0.5
- Ability to alter widget configurations by running the main application.
- Changes to UI to support configuration changes.
Sept. 18, 2010 - Beta 1.0.4
- Fix for reported force close, thanks for submitting the data!
- Refactoring of account enumeration class.
- Added shortcut imitate mode. NOTE: Google does not recommend this.
- Changes to preferences to support future updates.
Sept. 8, 2010 - Beta 1.0.3
- Display friendly name for account synchronization type, as requested by circle
Sept. 7, 2010 - Beta 1.0.2
- Addressed issue with orientation changes and preferences
- General code clean-up
Sept. 7, 2010 - Beta 1.0.1
- Addressed possible force close issue
- General code clean-up
- Android 2.1 support
- Integrated AdMob (we have to pay bills too)
Sept. 6, 2010 - Beta 1.0.0
- Initial release